Barracuda Energize Updates provide your Barracuda Networks appliance with the protection from the latest Internet threats. Our team at Barracuda Central continuously monitors the Internet for new trends in network security threats and develops strategies to mitigate those threats. Depending on the appliance, Energize Updates include the appropriate definitions for spam, virus, content categories, spyware filter, intrusion prevention, IM protocols, policies, security updates, attacks and document formats. Updates are delivered on an hourly basis to ensure you always have the latest definitions and the most comprehensive protection.
Barracuda Energize Updates subscriptions must be purchased with any Barracuda Networks appliance to provide complete protection from the latest Internet threats. Energize Updates subscriptions also provide:
- Basic Support which includes email support 24x7 and phone support between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday in the USA (Pacific time zone), Japan time zone, China time zone, and United Kingdom time zone. Note that Barracuda Technical Support will take and respond to support calls 24x7 from Basic Support customers when we are not servicing other customers.
- Firmware Maintenance which includes new firmware updates with feature enhancements and bug fixes as they are made available.
- Security Updates to patch or repair any security vulnerabilities.
- Optional participation in the Barracuda Early Release Firmware program.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall protects your Web site and Web applications from attackers leveraging protocol or application vulnerabilities to instigate data theft, denial of service or defacement of your Web site. Unlike traditional network firewalls or intrusion detection systems that simply pass HTTP or HTTPS traffic for Web applications, the Barracuda Web Site Firewall proxies this traffic and inspects it for attacks to insulate your Web servers from direct access by hackers.
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides award-winning protection from all common attacks on Web applications, including SQL injections, cross-site scripting attacks, session tampering and buffer overflows.
Many applications are vulnerable to such attacks because application developers do not consistently employ secure coding practices. Barracuda Web Site Firewall is designed to combat all attack types that have been categorized as significant threats, including:
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS);
- SQL injection flaws;
- OS command injections;
- Site reconnaissance;
- Session hijacking;
- Application denial of service;
- Malicious probes/crawlers;
- Cookie/session tampering;
- Path traversal;
- Information leakage.
As a full proxy, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall blocks or cloaks attacks, while preventing sensitive outbound data leakage, such as credit card or Social Security numbers. In addition, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall mitigates broken access control to applications by preventing cookie tampering and corruption of an application’s access control system.
Unlike intrusion detection systems that only analyze byte patterns, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall terminates HTTP traffic on behalf of the Web server to decode character sets, remove padded spacing and normalize against common obfuscation techniques. For added security, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides full PKI integration for use with client certificates to verify identities of clients accessing the Web applications.
This item has not been reviewed yet. Be the first to write a review!